Thursday, June 21, 2018

Reading Challenge Progress This Year So Far

Already near the end of June, meaning the year is already half-over. It just seems to be flying by fast.

Around this time of year, I like to take a look at how much I have read this year to date and how many of my reading challenges I have completed up to this point. I'm always uncertain how much longer to go on with the open-ended, year-long challenges, but I often like to keep going till December on these ones. As far as some of the checklist and bingo ones go, I have a tendency to finish some of those before the year is half-over and this year is no exception.

What's in a Name


What's In A Name 2018 logo

This seems to always be the first one I finish each year. Then again there are only six categories. 


Color-Coded

 



Another that I tend to finish fast as well, with only nine categories.




Book Only Logo
I can't believe how quickly I got done with this one. It has 18 prompts, but most of them aren't very hard to fill.





Just last night I  completed all 12 categories in this one. It is not required to complete each category, but the more you read for this one, the more chances you have of getting entered in the drawing for an Amazon gift card. I like to complete all the categories. 

On several of the other checklist and blog challenges I am doing, I have one or two books left to complete the challenge. On both the AtoZ  and Alphabet Soup challenges, I have one letter left, the hardest one of all--X. If you have any suggestions, let me know.  And I'm not sure how many holiday-themed books I'll be reading over the summer, as Holiday Season is the only category I have left on Full House.


As seems to always be true, some of the challenges I have signed up for this year seem to have disappeared. Either the link to the challenge or the blog hosting it just suddenly gets deleted. The link to the Read the Rainbow challenge has disappeared, although the blog is still around. And I was annoyed to see the Mental Illness Advocacy challenge deleted before the year even began. I have enjoyed doing that one since it's a subject close to me. I looked for a similar challenge, but to no avail. I now think I will start one for 2019. And I also have begun to think about which of my challenges to offer next year. The Literary Loners one didn't get many signups this year, so that one may have to go. It was the first one I ever created and hosted. Not sure about the others just yet. though I definitely want to do the memoir one again. I will begin deciding this at the beginning of fall, when the sign ups for challenges start to around. 

And I just discovered that the blog hosting the seasonal bingo has been deleted again. As always  I hate it when this happens, and now I'm uncertain whether to continue reading for this one, as a lot of the categories are very tempting.

And as of today I have read 146 books this year already.
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

4 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

146. Kudos. That's a lot of books:)

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations on your reading. Not certain how many books I have read this year.

Sandra Cox said...

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Sandra Cox said...

I imagine it's quite a few:)