Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Dealing With the Current Situation

I just want to let everyone know I'm doing my best to stay safe in light of the current situation, and I hope you all are doing the same. It's been hard staying home most of the day, but I'm making the best of it. Work is still on, unless I hear otherwise. The youth group that comes in the same building after the adults has been canceled for two weeks. The county library was open, but is now closed until April 7.  The local high school's play "Grease" was supposed to begin this Friday. And my writers lab and all other classes offered through the arts council have been cancelled until April. And as many of you have already heard, the stores have been crowded, but I make sure only to go when needed and only get what is needed. Last night a customer ahead of me bought over $500 of groceries. And for the record, I have not been one of those toilet paper-hoarders!

I have not felt much like writing, despite having to be home most of the day. I was not even sure if I was even going to mention this on my blog at all. But as I said I just wanted everyone reading this to know how I am doing and want to know how you are also doing. This will pass.

And on a side note, I now have time to read some of the books I have at home. Which I have already begun to do.

Everyone do your best to stay safe.


UPDATE: I just learned I will be off work until April 8. The behavioral health office has made the decision to close the center until then.

It has also been raining in my area, so that too has kept me home most of the day.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that you are safe. Please stay that way.