Monday, March 30, 2020

What I've Been Doing

I keep hoping I will come up with something to write while holed up at home. It's the second full week and not a thing has come to me. It's too bad, and with all the time I have I want to. But I guess something will come in time. It's been 10 days since I last blogged. Even that has gotten slower during this time. But an idea for something will come up, I just know.




On the other hand, I have gotten a lot of books read that I have at home. I am currently finishing up The Stand. I was little scared of reading that one, because of both the length and the subject matter. But since my mom has it at home and I cannot visit the library for a while (no telling how much longer now), I decided to give it a go. One of my reading prompts this year is a book over 1000 pages and another is a Stephen King novel, two things I rarely read. I don't expect to read another book over 1000 pages, at least not this year. And this book has both prompts covered.





And two of the ebooks I put on hold on the Northern California Digital Library have come in. I'm still not a big ebook reader yet, but doing so seems necessary at this time (when the actual library is closed), to be able to read what I don't have at home. Audiobooks are also available this way, and I have listened to one  so far and have some on hold.

I have done some art, namely the project I had planned for work last week. It was inspired by this artist's work. Some of the "dresses" he made were from food, which we would not have used in class. Some of the samples I liked:




I will admit am not that great at drawing faces and figures, and I guessed that some of the people in class would not be either, so my idea was to use pictures from magazines. I had done one at work on the Friday before the shutdown began and sadly did not take it with me. But I did some at home, and here is my take on this art idea:




I used pieces from a bingo game in both (I had gotten the game from Dollar Tree to use for art). The top photo has numbers cut from bingo cards and the numbers that the caller draws. The bottom photos contains the markers for the cards.The models are were printed from the Lane Bryant website.  I will be holding onto this art project for when we open again. 

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Love seeing your art.
Stay well, stay safe.