Thursday, July 30, 2020

Closing on Thanksgiving





Another thing I don't want to be thinking about just yet has been popping up on the Internet. Stores will be closing on Thanksgiving this year. I think this is a good idea, even though going shopping on this date has never been a thing for me. And it's only rare I'd ever do so the following day. Last year, I attempted a run at Kmart on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but did so later in the day, when the crowds seemed to have died down. Now Kmart is gone, but Target still exists in my town. 

Even though I don't want to think about this now, I am already certain I won't be out fighting for a new TV (no need for one) on the day after Thanksgiving. I have never done that. I'll be glad if I don't run out of milk that day. Just going to the grocery store the day before is hard enough as the stores tend to be crowded on the eve of any holiday.

I was always glad to not work on Thanksgiving at Home Goods, and for most of the years I was there, to be off the following day. Though they did not open at 4AM then.


3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Keeping them closed makes sense to me.

Jamie Ghione said...

Agreed.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, now is not the time for big crowds to be in stores, pushing and shoving each other!