Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A to Z--Three More Days

#AtoZChallenge 2022 alternative badge


I have now drafted all my posts for the A to Z Blogging and will edit or add to each one as I see necessary on each letter's posting day. This makes less work each day. Unlike last year, when I just drafted each post a day before it was to go live (or two, when it was Sunday and we had the day off). 

Given my topic this year, I felt it would take a lot of work for each post. But since I did not intend to write a book on the history of TV, I did not give a long history of each one. I included Wikipedia links so that readers could find out more (e.g., producers, episode lists, the studios that produced each show). I had to include shows I did not see or just barely remember for some letters that proved to be tricky ones. It didn't not take as long as I might have thought to draft each post, and which each pre-written, it should not take long to add  to each one before I post it on the blog. I don't know how much blogging I will do next month outside of the A to Z since we get Sundays off.

I'm looking forward to seeing other people's A to Z posts. The Master List sign up begins tomorrow. I don't know how many other participating blogs I will be able to visit during A to Z, but I will get to some. I've already viewed many of the Theme Reveal posts and saw that this blog is doing TV Theme Songs. I will definitely be looking at that one. And I certainly want to see the doing writing as a blog theme. Perhaps I will consider that topic for a future A to Z blog theme. Another future theme I am considering is the 1980s or childhood memories. I'd thought of both of these ideas when the year started as I began to decided if I was even going to do the A to Z this year. Last year was my first time doing the challenge and my theme was on events in 2020.  I'd also remembered considering joining the challenge a few years earlier with the TV theme, but did not get around to it then. I'd known about A to Z Blogging for several years, but did not see myself having time. I also was not sure what theme to use, even though themes are not necessary. Most people chose one, though. I did not even think about attempting A to Z in 2020, when I would have had enough time, since I was off work for two months when the pandemic hit. I didn't do much blogging then, to begin with, even with all the time off.


3 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I think having at least a loose theme helps with the flow of the posts and one very often feeds off another. I have not quite finished drafting all mine yet - still have three 'artworks' to create. Needless to say, they are towards the end of the alphabet! Always a challenge those ones... YAM xx

Elephant's Child said...

Have fun.

Sandra Cox said...

Glad your post turned out to be easier than anticipated.
Looking forward to reading them.