Monday, July 24, 2023

Barbie or Oppenheimer?

Which, if either, did you see this weekend? For me it was Barbie. As the release date for the two films neared, photos like these were all over the web:




After seeing the Barbie trailer several months ahead of time, I began to get tempted to see the movie. And as last Friday neared, I got more into the idea of seeing Barbie and began looking up Barbie stuff (more on that to come). A film like Oppenheimer is way out of my league of interest. I'm not going to bother with that one, at least not now. Maybe not at all...

After doing laundry on Saturday afternoon, I went to see Barbie. On a side note, I went to a play in my home town that night. Our local stage company is currently putting on Footloose. It was fun to see and to get out. This was the first play I went to since the one I saw in 2020 just before the pandemic shutdown. (I never saw that movie, BTW). 

And now there are Barbie movie costumes for sale. I now wonder how many, if any, of these I will see this year. I can't imagine Oppenheimer as a costume, though.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I will watch both films but not until they come to a streaming service. Looking forward to Barbie's satire! Oppenheimer will be a grim watch, that's for sure. I will have to be in the right mood to watch that one.

Sandra Cox said...

So did you like the movie? We'll probably opt for Oppenheimer. I can't believe what a phenomenon the Barbie movie has turned into.

Kay said...

Gosh! I still haven't seen Mission Impossible or Indiana Jones. I was wanting to see Joy Ride too.

I never had Barbie as a kid so it's not quite my thing. HOWEVER, I've been hearing some awesome reviews about Barbie.