Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Getting Back to My Writing

It's been so long since I attempted writing something new, or even attempting to submit what I have already written. I last submitted about a year ago, with yet another rejection.

A fellow mental health client has recently self-published a book of poetry. As such I now want to consider this path for my memoir, though I'm quite hesitant about doing such. I also realized I had last added to the memoir around 2017 or 2018. With so much having happened since then in both my person life and in the world in general, including the pandemic, I decided to write an afterword to recap such events. I just read it over and am proofreading and adding and subtracting items. 

The aforementioned client self-published his book through Amazon which he pointed out is free. I'm now even more tempted to do it this way. If I do, I will have a book under my belt, one thing I have hoped for. As far as self-publishing my 80s-set book is concerned, that remains to be seen. Right now, I'd like to at least have one. 

And on a side note, I haven't been able to come up with anything new to write. Every time I have a dream I think will be a good source of a novel, I can never remember the dream. I have to wonder how those who have written books based on dreams were able to remember those dreams.

5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun revising and publishing!

Sandra Cox said...

I can never remember my dreams either. I'm a big proponent of self-publishing. I keep trying to get the HH to go that route with his poetry. Good luck.

Liz A. said...

Keep a notebook next to your bed. When you wake up, immediately start writing what you remember of your dream. At least, that's what I heard was the best way to keep ahold of a dream for reference later.

Good luck. Self publishing is so much easier nowadays than it once was.

Sandra Cox said...

Let us know what you decide.