Saturday, September 30, 2023

My Last Netflix DVD





Above are pictures (sorry they're a bit blurry) of the last DVD I received from Netflix. Yesterday was the last shipping day. These past weeks, I've been rushing to watch the ones I had out in order to get as many as possible before yesterday. I did not receive any extra DVDs even after registering last month, but I did not expect that. 

As I have said, I'm not about to give on watching DVDs since I have so many at home already. And there is still the option of the library. Just last week, I got the Peanuts Halloween DVD at Target, since the specials don't seem to be shown on TV anymore (as far as I have seen). And in August, I ordered Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret on DVD.

The last DVDs customers receive from Netflix do not have to be returned, but those wishing to return them have until October 27. I'm pretty sure I won't be keeping the one I got. 

I'm going to miss seeing these red envelopes. I was surprised to learn they were once green. That was early on, before I had a DVD player. Even After getting the player in 2002, I did not begin getting Netflix until 2007. When I learned April that the DVDs would no longer be shipped out, I chose to keep going until then. There are now about 12 movies queued that I won't be seeing☹️ In the weeks leading up to the end, I removed titles from the queue  that I could find at the library and on streaming for free. Not many could be found that way. Just the same, I did print out the remaining titles. Maybe they will turn up--who knows?

3 comments:

Kay said...

Gosh we haven’t gone to rent a DVD in such a long time. We don’t do it on Netflix anymore though. We borrow them on Redbox. We did try the library, but they don’t have a big collection.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The end of an era!

Liz A. said...

It is truly the end of an era. I heard about this all on the news. As for the Peanuts specials, I believe I saw them streaming on Apple +. That doesn't help with broadcast, though.