What is your take on books with sprayed edges? I've seen a lot of them in bookstores lately, but have yet to buy a new book with such an edge, or even find a used book with one. But I have gotten a few from the library, including one I have out now:
It seems some people like to display sprayed-edge books so that edge sticks out. A pretty idea, but then you have to keep checking to see what the book is. I have seen this done in our local bookstore, mostly with romance book ( which, BTW, have a whole room to themselves).
I haven't given a lot of thought to spayed edges; I just notice them if they're on a book.
5 comments:
I’m the same: I notice when they exist, and some are very pretty, but I wouldn’t pay more for sprayed edges. Most of my books are on Kindle (via KU) or from the library. I simple don’t have the space for a large home library…
Pretty. But I prefer digital books, so the art is lost on me.
Nope, nope, I need the title on the spine. Linda in Kansas
I've seen them in bookstores, too. Pretty!
On the home makeover shows on TV, they are always displaying the books edges out instead of the spines. I never understood that until I read they do that so they won't have to worry about copyrights on the books.
Post a Comment