I had a flashback to watching the documentary The September Issue on DVD via Netflix. I don't know what made me want to add it to my queue, though it may have been hype over the film at the time of its release. I have never fully read a copy of Vogue or any other fashion magazine. I just don't want to find some clothes that may be too expensive for me to afford!
Rather my September issue is:
1. So when do I begin decorating? I ask myself. I still haven't found anymore pumpkin buckets as of yet. The Goodwill hasn't put out all their Halloween stuff yet--that is, the racks of glittery gowns, medical scrubs and school uniforms they pass off as possible costumes. No buckets either (I found some there one year). The search continues. I only hope to get the stuff on the lawn up before the first of October, which falls on a Thursday this year.
2. A heat wave is expected in my area of California this week. We've got a lot of water at home, so that's prepared. I already expect the hot weather to make me sleepy.
3. Still trying to decide on a costume. I keep looking at ones I have already one, such as the 50s, 60s, and 80s, as not a lot of the other ideas have jived just yet. I could always do a variation on the ones I've already done. But more on this later.
September has always been a weird month. Seeing Christmas stuff out in stores before it's even Halloween. Yes, there already are some Christmas items at Dollar Tree, though not a whole lot. Target, on the other hand, still hasn't put out the Halloween stuff, except for a few things on the shelves near the front entrance. I saw some pumpkin candy holders, but they were the ones made out of cloth. The school display is till up, last I looked.
It's supposed to be the end of summer, but here in California, we've come to expect warm weather well into the fall. I'm never surprised to see the hot weather continuing into October. Just what season in CA is it anyway?
2 comments:
We don't decorate much for Halloween and they usually don't come out until a couple of weeks before. However, it is probably time to get out the fall wreath.
Yeah, it’s supposed to be 98 today in Irvine and 99 tomorrow. It’s humid and disgusting too. I have a bunch of Halloween themed clothing but no actual costumes. When I moved, I tossed em because I was tired of them. Maybe I will get one if I end up going to a party…
Post a Comment