Sunday, July 1, 2018

Passing on Your Love of Reading

I just saw this link on the Facebook group for the Reading Challenge that starts today. Even though I have no children myself, I could not agree more with what is said in this link:

Parents pass on a love of reading to their children by sharing their own favourite childhood books



I agree that people of all ages should read books from all periods of literature to learn more about different time periods and how people lived then. This is especially important now, with so much focus on tech these days. This is one reason I chose to write a book set in the 1980s. This was the decade in which I grew up, so I know a lot about it. I now hope others will learn more about it if my book ever comes to fruition. 

And if I had ever had children, I try to get them to read books I'd loved as a child, or even read those books to them. 
SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

My love of reading is one of the very best (perhaps THE best) gift my parents gave me.

Sandra Cox said...

Books are wondrous to share with children.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

This is great. I did it with my own children and now read to my grandbabies.