Sunday, March 1, 2020

Paint Brush Art Dolls

When looking for an art idea on Pinterest last month, I came across these art dolls (below) made on paint brushes and wanted to do this for art at work:



I was not able to find any specific instructions on how to make these, so I looked on the designer's Etsy shop to see what she had used. She had used wood and a doll kit she had to order. I would not be able to do this, so I had to come up with a way to do it myself. The solution I came up with was to use posterboard. I tried the layers to make it more sturdy. I then looked online for vintage-looking faces and butterfly wings. The bottom part was different colored papers, plastic jewels, and glitter glue we had on hand at the center among our art supplies. The bristles were dipped in red food coloring. Here is what I came made:



I left each person to decided what they wanted on their brushes. I did not get around to making any pictures of other people's projects. 

No comments: