Sunday, April 26, 2020

Born Under the Wrong Sign? Part 2



Again, the one for my sign just doesn't seem to fit me. I try not to judge books by their cover. Unless having to read a book "with a red cover," "with an animal on the cover" or some prompt like that counts. But that's not my idea. So I'm not really judging in those instances. Sometimes I see  movie before reading the book, mostly if I don't know about the book. But I have tried to read the book first. I've only read one "Harry Potter" as of yet. Overdrive has it this month without any waiting, and I took advantage of that earlier this month. I don't dog-ear books, even those I have at home. Bookmarks all the way! I would never read the end first or lie about finishing a book. I never forget to return borrowed books or try to read too many at once. I'll admit it's been a while since I gave ebook a five-star rating on Goodreads, but it has happened. I can't ever recall not finishing a book. Spoil books for others? Never. So where do I really fit in this premise? I guess I don't. How about you?

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I do judge some books by their covers. Mostly in a negative way. Some cover art is a decided turn off and will ensure that I put the book back on the shelf.
Where people are concerned I try hard not to judge by appearances. So that is only partially true for me too.
I do however read the endings of books before I finish them. All books, including non-fiction. I have done it for years and it doesn't stop me finishing the book.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm influenced by a book's cover. If I like the cover, I'm more prone to check it out.