Thursday, February 10, 2022

I Don't Listen to Spotify

No doubt by now you have heard about what has happened with the music service Spotify. I have never used this, or any music service, and never will. I could never get into the kinds of things. I haven't listened to much music lately. I still have my large collection of CDs that I am hesitant to let go of, though I have not listened to them much in years.

Nevertheless, I could not help commenting on on some of the posts that came up on Facebook about Spotify. One friend posted the following:

Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen, Barbra Streisand, Queen, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Dave Grohl, Joni Mitchell, & Pearl Jam have joined Neil Young and removed their music from Spotify. Perhaps there is hope after all.

And I responded with:

I will never listen to music that way. Though it's been years since I've played any of my CDs. So many I still have since the early 1990s and I only have three of the artists mentioned above among the collection. Any guesses who? Now, if Elton John, Bob Dylan, and Yes will join those already on the list.


And I could not help sharing the following Spotify memes:





 
This is as
much as I want to say about all this 🙂

2 comments:

Adam said...

I'm glad Joe Rogan is getting controversy with this boycott. His show is misinformation that's very dangerous.

I don't listen to Spotify, I have Amazon Prime music

Kay said...

I agree with Adam on this. I'm glad artists are standing up against misinformation.