Friday, November 25, 2022

Black Friday

The Land of Whatever blog posted the following music video today:




In case you have forgotten, it is today. It's now nearly 8AM in California, and as in the past, I have avoided the idea of shopping on this date. Well, maybe not completely. Three years ago on my blog, I wrote that I did go to Kmart later in the day after the crowds had thinned out (this was in 2019; Kmart closed in early 2020, before the start of the pandemic). Going after the crowds have thinned down is something I may do today. Having stayed home all day yesterday, I am feeling a need a need to get out, probably to get to the Goodwill Blue Friday sale this afternoon.


Several new stores have recently opened in my town, including Ross, TJ Maxx, Boot Barn, Famous Footwear, and Ulta Beauty. I don't know if any of them opened early today, but I can guess that TJ Maxx didn't open at 3AM. They are owned by the same company as Home Goods, where I used to work, and we never opened early on the day after Thanksgiving. I usually had that day off. And I now wondering how Target was today.


Something else I noted the blog post linked above:


I always say I won't go to any stores on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Well, certainly not to fight crowds at 3AM over a flatscreen TV (have one already). ...


Well, two weeks ago, I did get a new flat screen TV, my first-ever smart TV. On Veterans' Day, after a dentist appointment, my mom and I each went to Best Buy to look for new TVs, to get with our California Middle Class Refund debit cards. I was glad to have gotten them then, because I fear that today they would have all been sold out by 3AM.  So far I have watched some Christmas movies, though I always try to avoid Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving (but enough on that for now) as well as The Bob's Burgers movie.


Again, I am hesitant about shopping today, but if I choose to, it will be later in the day. And since I have a desire to get out, I may just go have lunch at McDonald's or Subway or something. Decisions to be made....

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Black Friday is just a crazy day, as far as I'm concerned.

Kay said...

We stayed home on Friday too...and Saturday as well. We'll go out tomorrow to do a little shopping, but I'm hoping everybody else doesn't decide to do the same thing.