Monday, May 1, 2023

Blogging A to Z 2023: Reflections

#AtoZChallenge 2023 Reflections

 

This week, participants in the 2023 Blogging A to Z are doing Reflections posts.

This was my third A to Z, and once again I enjoyed participating. There were lots of interesting posts from other bloggers who participated, and many interesting different themes presented. 

Because I found so many things for most of the letters that fit my theme, I decided to draft the posts ahead of time, starting in late March. I was still revising each one as April began. Some letters, however, provided "slim pickings," particularly the ones toward the end of the alphabet. My Z post was the shortest, with only one item, and my C post had the most items. I have a feeling I missed some memories, but I was just scratching the surface. 

I was amazed at how many comments my first post had, and how the subsequent ones had fewer comments. The fewest comments I got was three on my U post (as of yet).  I'm glad for all the comments that came in. All are still welcome to comment on any of the posts. Thanks to all who commented and visited.

When the Road Trip starts in two weeks, I hope to revisit some of the blogs I already saw and visit some I missed at first. A lot of blogs participated this year, as is the case every year.  

I don't yet know about returning next year, but there's plenty of time to think about that. 

#AtoZChallenge 2023 Winner

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I did not find you during the challenge, but I'm going to go back and take a look at your posts later. Good Job finishing the Challenge! I noticed one post got fewer comments, I thought it might be that everyone was busy trying to keep up. Wonder if it was U... no, it was V. People might just be trying to get those last posts done and not have as much time to visit.

Donna B. McNicol said...

I had the same issue with comments. My author blog started high and ended with less than half of that first day. But the comments were all good. My photography blog had a few regular commenters, but the views were next to none. I blame that on my settings which I should have looked at earlier (the stats). The photo was always shared in my RSS feed and people didn't need to click to see it. I'm going to try changing that.

Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

Liz A. said...

Congrats on finishing. It seems we start off strong (especially with comments), but peter out towards the end of the month.

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. It is a step too far for me.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats and well done!

J Lenni Dorner said...

I do hope you'll take the challenge again next year.
Many bloggers will comment on the first three letters. After that, there's a certain percent who only comment on blogs who replied. And a percent who drop out. That's how all blog hops have been over twenty years. Very little to do about it, sadly.

I enjoyed the April Blogging from #AtoZChallenge 2023.
Proof of Existence, book two in my dark urban fantasy series, came out in April. I hope you'll check it out.
And please don't miss the amazing giveaway on my blog. Act fast and enter now!

J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Speculative Fiction &Reference Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

Beth Lapin said...

Congrats on completing!

Beth
https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/