Sunday, April 30, 2023

Z for...

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter Z


ZIPPERS:

Another slim pickings letter! And at the very end! Zippers were one thing I could come up with. Finding zippers on things besides pants and other things that regularly have one.

I don't know how I missed this, but did anyone have jeans with ankle zippers? I have a feeling I might not have fit into a pair of these, since I'm short and almost always have to roll up the cuffs of my pants. I don't know how would I have done this with zippers at the ankle.


Ankle zippers came to my mind after reading Something Borrowed. Rachel, unlike Darcy, was not allowed to have the jeans with the ankle zippers (or Forenza sweaters). Again, I seemed to have missed the ankle zippers.

I seem to recall  binders with zippers, though I never had these. My guess is that I never saw them at stores much or didn't see others using them. These may have made me want one. 


As with velcro shoes, I'm pretty sure I never had shoes with zippers. Not sure if I ever saw others with zipper shoes, either.



Anyone recall these toys that included a zipper, button, and snap?
 



Zipper, incidentally, was once yet another trademarked name that is mistaken for being generic.

What else had zippers then, do you recall?

 ________________________________________________________

ZONKS! That's the end! A Reflections post is coming this week and a post A to Z Road Trip later in May.

And here is the Winner Badge for this year.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 Winner

Hope you have enjoyed my posts. Thanks for viewing and commenting.

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well done, Jamie! I enjoyed all your posts! Where would we be in life without zippers?

John Holton said...

I eally liked your theme and your posts! Thanks for joining us!

Janet said...

Congrats for finishing the A to Z. I do remember having one of those dolls for my kids to learn how to button, zip and snap.

Janet’s Smiles

Elephant's Child said...

Well done on completely the challenge. Zippers are wonderful things - until they fail. I have failed to replace them more than once and no longer try.

Donna B. McNicol said...

Yay! You made it and brought back some wonderful memories for me.

My A to Z Blogs
DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

Liz A. said...

OMG, I hated zippers at the ankles. I never owned a pair. Refused to. Of course, I was always weird. Several of the '80s trends I would not do. Shoulder pads. (I would cut them out of the shirts I bought. I was so glad when they stopped making them with shoulder pads.) Those shirts with the slits and buttons on the back. Stirrup pants.

Chrys Fey said...

I did have binders with zippers. I thought they were so cool.

Lady M said...

Thanks for sharing the a to z posts - I enjoyed this walk down memory lane.