Friday, October 18, 2024

Book Discussion: Paranormal Romance

 


No big surprise that the prompt on this challenge for October is Paranormal Romance. This one also had paranormal romance as a prompt, and I immediately decided to wait to till October for that one (the ones on this one can be done anytime). As I said in this post, one of the books I chose for this month is Crave, the first book in the series of the same name. It was all right, and it remains to be seen when I will read the next books, if I do at all. For previous paranormal romance series I'd read, I in most instances, read each book immediately after the next. But the length of this book makes me unsure about jumping into the rest of the Crave series right away. 



The cover of this book is oddly reminiscent of that of the second book in the iconic Twilight series:


That was one of the first, if not the first, paranormal romance series I've read.  Others I have read include the following (not listed in any particular order):

Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris

The Immortals by Alyson Noel

Shadow Falls by C.C. Hunter

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith and other series by that author including Night World (I did not know that there is tenth book in this one, though!) I read the three omnibuses, since these were at the library. I'd completely forgotten about these books until now! And this series by Smith as well. And this one. It's all coming back to me! At one point, I thought these books would make great movies. 

These are the ones I can recall off-hand that I have read at some point. No one series I can say is my favorite or I though was better than another. I tend to think that way :)

I got curious about the Crave series when I saw the first book at Target some years ago. I'd been meaning to read at least the first book for some time now, but did not get around to it until this month. I seem to recall trying to check it out one year, but finding it not turned in yet. I gave up then, but knew I could always try again someday. And that was what I did.

On a side note, I don't just read paranormal romances in October. I can recall reading the other series mentioned in other months.

Do you read paranormal romance? What are some series you have read?

4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love the Sookie Stackhouse series. I can't remember the author but I read a good series where the Greek gods come back and it's got romance in it. Does this sound familiar? When I think of the author I'll let you know if you're interested.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't think I've ever read a paranormal romance. It's occasionally a theme in a few movies I've seen though.

Samantha@WLABB said...

I used to read a lot of PNR in the early 2010s. I think it was really hot back then. I still enjoy witchy books and will pick one up. if it looks fun.

Liz A. said...

Did you watch The Vampire Diaries TV show? I've never read the books, so I don't know how alike they are.