Another challenge for next year, one that I have done for the last two years, so I have to do it again. I'm in the process of closing it out for this year. There were a few series I'd planed on reading this year, but didn't get around to, so those will be on my plate for next year. and there were some I'd read but had not planned to, and some for which I needed the last book to finish. I know I can find at least three series to complete, so I will sign up for Level Three. Sign up here. Details from the blog below:
Welcome to the 2015 edition of the Finishing the Series Reading Challenge. This is my fourth year of hosting this challenge. I've always been a huge fan of series books, but I end up starting them and never getting around to finishing them. That's why I originally started this reading challenge. This is a challenge to finish up those unfinished series books!
Here are the rules guidelines.
1) All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc. etc.)
2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.
3) The qualification period is January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. Books must be read during this time frame to count.
4) Take the button above and post about it on your blog. Use the Mr. Linky below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge not to the home page of your blog.
5) If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us which series you are reading. Or you can join my Goodreads group for this challenge by clickinghere.
IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP YOUR REVIEWS, THERE WILL BE A MR. LINKY FOR COMPLETED REVIEWS OR, FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BLOG, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
6) Any format of book counts - print, audio, ebook, etc.
7) You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.
8) Choose a level....
Level 1 (Novice series reader) - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 (Testing the waters) - Complete 2 series.
Level 3 (Experienced) - Complete 3 series.
Level 4 (Expert series reader) - Complete 4 or more series.
Here are the series I will be completing:
House of Night--P.C. Cast
Redeemed completed Feb.7
Shadow Falls--C.C. Hunter
Shadow Falls: The Beginning (Born at Midnight & Awake at Dawn) completed March 2
Taken at Dusk completed March 4
Whispers at Moonrise completed March 13
Chosen at Nightfall completed March 16
The Kanin Chronicles--Amanda Hocking
Frostfire completed May 21
Ice Kissed completed May 23
Crystal Kingdom completed September 26
All Souls Trilogy--Deborah Harkness
The Book of Life completed June 24
Miki Falls--Mark Crilley
Spring completed July 6
Summer completed July 6
Autumn completed July 7
Winter completed July 7
Darkness--Frank E. Peretti
This Present Darkness completed July 31
Piercing the Darkness completed August 4
Four completed September 1
The Devil Wears Prada--Lauren Weisberger
Revenge Wears Prada completed November 10
Shopaholic Series--Sophie Kinsella
Shopaholic to the Rescue completed November 25
Calling this one complete on November 25
Welcome to the challenge. Enjoy!
Post a Comment