Friday, December 25, 2015

Ancient Greek Reading Challenge 2016

I'm going to do this one.  I read some ancient Greek writings this past year and would like to try more.  I'm going to try to for the first level.  Sign up here.





I've been thinking over the past month or so which challenges I want to participate in for 2016 and as I absolutely love Ancient Greek texts I thought I'd host my first ever reading challenge. So, I am formally announcing the 2016 Ancient Greek Reading Challenge! The premise is simple: read as many Ancient Greek plays, essays, poetry etc as you possibly can from January to December 2016! I am attaching a list of Ancient Greek works in case anyone is stuck choosing texts!

General Rules: 


  • the Ancient Greek Reading Challenge 2016 runs from the 1st of January to the 31st of December 2016
  • I will be accepting sign ups throughout the rest of 2015 and all through 2016. 
  • You don't have to blog about each text, or any, but the purpose of this challenge is to encourage everyone to read Ancient Greek texts so it would be amazing if you spread Ancient Greek love around the blogosphere! 
  • If there is enough interest I'll make check in posts semi often so you can link your reviews or just general comments about this challenge as you see fit. 
  • Everything counts for this challenge: plays, essays, non-fiction history, poetry, fragments of texts, criticism etc. As long as it is an Ancient Greek text or a modern text about Ancient Greece it counts! I'll personally be reading texts from Ancient Greece and the Byzantine Era so you can make this challenge whatever you want it to be. 
  • I'll also love it if you would be interested in writing guest posts here related to this challenge. The more the merrier! 
  • Most of all HAVE FUN and spread your passion for Ancient Greek texts. This genre could always use more love. 

The Levels: 
  • Level One: 1-4 Texts 
  • Level Two: 4-6 Texts 
  • Level Three: 7-9 Texts 
  • Level Four: 10-12 Texts
  • Level Five: 12+ Texts 

Here is what I am reading:
  1. The Iliad--Homer
  2. Medea and Other Plays--Euripides
  3. The Odyssey--Homer
Challenge completed on April 18

No comments: