Hi everyone! I was talking with a debut author recently about LGBT books and then suddenly it hit me: I need to do an LGBTQIA Books Reading Challenge. There are so many amazing books out there that fall under this umbrella. By now, I’m sure you guys know what a fierce supporter of LGBTQIA books I am, and it was only a matter of time that I thought of this. Shortly after I posted about this idea on Twitter, my awesome co-blogger, Bekka, threw her support behind it and that’s when I knew I had to do this.
- This challenge will run from January 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016.
- The book must contain an LGBTQIA main character.
- Books must be read and reviewed. The review can be any kind of review you want, traditional, a few sentences, a vlog review. Anything goes.
- Backlist books also count as part of this challenge.
- There are going to be different levels that correspond to the colors of the rainbow:
- Red = 5 books
- Orange = 6-12 books
- Yellow = 13-20 books
- Green = 21- 30 books
- Blue = 31- 40 books
- Purple = 41- 50 books
Here is what I am reading:
- Hiss of Death--Rita Mae Brown
- Leaves of Grass--Walt Whitman
- Diving Into the Wreck--Adrienne Rich
- Six of Crows--Leigh Bardugo
- Sellevision--Augusten Burroughs
- Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo and Me--Ellen Forney
- Pink Slip--Rita Ciresi
- 12 Shades of Surrender
- Faking 19--Alyson Noel
- Philomena--Martin Sixsmith
- On the Count of Three--Maureen Johnson
- Girl Online--Zoe Sugg
- Being Jazz--Jazz Jennings
- The Crown--Kiera Cass
- The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty--A.N. Roquelaure
- Look Both Ways--Alison Cherry
- The Bell Jar--Sylvia Plath
- I Was Here--Gayle Forman
- Another Brooklyn--Jacqueline Woodson
- Empress Orchid--Anchee Min
- Margarita Nights--Phyllis Smallman
- From the Notebooks of Melanin Sun--Jacqueline Woodson
- The Genius--Jesse Kellerman
- Carol--Patricia Highsmith
Challenge completed on December 25
A YA just released called "Look Both Ways" by Alison Cherry that has LGBT themes...in case anyone is looking for something to read.
Post a Comment