Friday, December 18, 2015

LGBTQIA Books Reading Challenge

The LGBT challenge I did this year won't be offered next year, so I was glad to see this challenge. I will try to get up to 10 books. Sign up here.


LGBT books challenge
Hi everyone! I was talking with a debut author recently about LGBT books and then suddenly it hit me: I need to do an LGBTQIA Books Reading Challenge. There are so many amazing books out there that fall under this umbrella. By now, I’m sure you guys know what a fierce supporter of LGBTQIA books I am, and it was only a matter of time that I thought of this. Shortly after I posted about this idea on Twitter, my awesome co-blogger, Bekka, threw her support behind it and that’s when I knew I had to do this.
Details
  • This challenge will run from January 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016.
  • The book must contain an LGBTQIA main character.
  • Books must be read and reviewed. The review can be any kind of review you want, traditional, a few sentences, a vlog review. Anything goes.
  • Backlist books also count as part of this challenge.
  • There are going to be different levels that correspond to the colors of the rainbow:
    • Red = 5 books
    • Orange = 6-12 books
    • Yellow = 13-20 books
    • Green = 21- 30 books
    • Blue = 31- 40 books
    • Purple = 41- 50 books

Here is what I am reading:
  1. Hiss of Death--Rita Mae Brown
  2. Leaves of Grass--Walt Whitman
  3. Diving Into the Wreck--Adrienne Rich
  4. Six of Crows--Leigh Bardugo
  5. Sellevision--Augusten Burroughs
  6. Marbles: Mania, Depression, Michelangelo and Me--Ellen Forney
  7. Precious--Sapphire
  8. Pink Slip--Rita Ciresi
  9. 12 Shades of Surrender
  10. Faking 19--Alyson Noel
  11. Philomena--Martin Sixsmith
  12. On the Count of Three--Maureen Johnson
  13. Girl Online--Zoe Sugg
  14. Being Jazz--Jazz Jennings
  15. The Crown--Kiera Cass
  16. The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty--A.N. Roquelaure
  17. Look Both Ways--Alison Cherry
  18. The Bell Jar--Sylvia Plath
  19. I Was Here--Gayle Forman
  20. Another Brooklyn--Jacqueline Woodson
  21. Empress Orchid--Anchee Min
  22. Margarita Nights--Phyllis Smallman
  23. From the Notebooks of Melanin Sun--Jacqueline Woodson
  24. The Genius--Jesse Kellerman
  25. Carol--Patricia Highsmith
Challenge completed on December 25

1 comment:

Stephanie Faris said...

A YA just released called "Look Both Ways" by Alison Cherry that has LGBT themes...in case anyone is looking for something to read.