Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Blogging A to Z--My First Time and My Theme Reveal

I have made a big decision here. For years, I have been seeing posts made by many different blogs each April as part of "Blogging A to Z" and all this time I have pondered if I will ever join this group of bloggers. I have been in a writing slump and think this will be a way to do more of it. 

One reason I have been hesitant about joining is having time to do a post everyday in the same month. I did used to do the Halloween countdown each October, but after a few years, my posts got repetitive. So I backed out of that one, but I still make some Halloween posts each October. Another reason for my hesitancy is trying to come up with a theme, though themes are not necessary. One year, I was mistaken to be doing A to Z, as on my post on April 6 one year began with the letter F.  After commenting on another person's writing blog (of someone who was doing the A to Z), that blogger left a comment on my blog wanting to catch up with my A-E posts. I replied that I was not doing the A to Z, that my post just happened to begin with the letter F and it coincidentally landed on that day. And trying to visit as many participants's blogs as possible and leave them a comment will take a lot of time, though, granted, no one will have time to visit every single blog (a lot of bloggers have already signed up). And there there is the task of having to find something for each letter of the alphabet, some of which can be tricky, particularly Q, X, and Z. Every year I have been doing the A to Z Reading Challenge (which does not have to be done in alphabetical order). I always dread the letters above, particularly X, which I have yet to fill this year. Q and Z have already been done, and finding something beginning with J has been hardest on me this year. 

But it has now occurred to me how much I have been recapping last year's events on the one-year anniversary, so I though that could be a theme to write about. I asked, and saw that there is no required post length.  Again, some letters can be tricky and I can name lots of things for this theme that fall under the same letter. But in the past, I have seen some bloggers use more than one word for each letter. I have been jotting down ideas. So without further ado, I present my theme reveal:

My Life in 2020

Click here for more details and to see others participating.

I feel this will keep me busy for a month. I will be making my posts as long as I choose. I will be home most of the time, so I should still have time for reading and other stuff. 

7 comments:

Iain Kelly said...

Look forward to your posts, good luck! :-)

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck - and have fun.
My lazy self isn't tempted to do the A to Z thing, but I do enjoy (and applaud) other people's efforts.

Martha said...

Good luck! I'm in on the A to Z this year too. My theme is Life in Florida.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Jamie, this will be only my second attempt (after three year break) and it so happens that on the Wild YAM blog I will be doing something of the same idea as yours - it will be good to compare notes!

As for visiting blogs... I don't even try too many, I give each a chance by checking their reveal and be very selective - about a dozen or so - that I will add to me reader for the month. Last time I came away with five new blogpals - let's see what happens!!! YAM xx

Sandra Cox said...

Good on you for giving this a go. Hope you have a lot of fun with it.

JazzFeathers said...

Welcome to the chalelnge!
It was a fun story, that about the commenter mistakenly thinking you were going the challenge.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

@JazzFeathers
The Old Shelter - Theme Reveal - The Great War

Weekends in Maine said...

Glad you decided to give the challenge a try. It's a lot of work but tons of fun too! Weekends In Maine