Thursday, March 11, 2021

Last Photos Before Pandemic

I tuned into NBC Nightly News last night at the very end, and just barely saw the closing segment, titled "The Last Photo." Viewers had been asked to send in the last photos on their cameras before the pandemic was declared--a year ago today.  

Though this photo was at the end of February 2020, it's the closest I could find:



This was the last art project at work before we were forced to shut down for two months (we gradually reopened starting the last week of May). Details about the project here

I didn't take a lot of photos, but still remember what I was doing a year ago today. We were still on our old schedule at the center, including cooking class (the last one we have had). Not many people showed up that day, and many suspect it was fear over the Coronavirus. And then on the news that night came the WHO's declaration of the virus as a pandemic. I still went to the center on that Friday and the following Monday, which ended up being the last day before the shutdown. The youth group that used the same building had already stopped their activities (they currently meet over Zoom), and it wasn't till the following Tuesday that the mental health group's activities were stopped as well. On the last Friday before the closing (which strangely, was Friday the 13th) I had started to prepare for the next art project I was planning to lead that never happened as a result of the closing. Click here for details on this one. In the first weeks of the lockdown, I did more of these at home.



I have two others that I did but have not taken any photos.

 
Now that we are back and able to do projects, I many just do this one soon.



3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Love these.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I don't recall what exactly I was doing a year ago. I recall not being upset about lockdown. Now after 1 year I don't feel the same about it. My limit was 9 months. :-)

Elephant's Child said...

I hope you can do this project. And many more.