Saturday, May 29, 2021

Not Quite Ready...


Even after getting the vaccine and with restrictions gradually being uplifted, I'm not quite ready to get out very much. Just enough to follow social-distancing protocols for as long as it remans necessary. Yes, I've been looking forward to the day when we can be out and about as we did before COVID. But I'm going to be careful about it all, as everyone should be. And I'm not alone.

I was happy to be able to go inside the library once again, though the allotted time is only half an hour, which passes too quickly! And it's only three days a week. But it's a start, and I have missed not being inside the library.

I've always been one to avoid massive crowds, so that made it easy to stay at home. But even so, I just needed some time away from home, and missed being able to do that while under quarantine. Thus, I am taking it all slowly with the hope of being out again soon.

And staying home for Memorial Day Weekend is something I have always done. I've never been all the eager to head off somewhere on such a holiday, out of fear of traffic and crowds. A quiet day at home is all right by me. Memorial Day in 2020 was the first legal holiday to occur once the pandemic was declared and quarantine was ordered. Legal holidays always feel like an extra Sunday, but the quarantine made each day feel like a year of Sundays. I attempted to pick up a prescription at the Safeway pharmacy that day, nearly forgetting it was a holiday. I don't have any to pick up right now (I get auto refills), so I won't be making that mistake this coming Memorial Day 😌

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I hear you about the reserve in moving out and about again. I have yet to do it! Next week I have a blogpal and her dog coming to stay - that will be a stretch in itself, but no doubt we will also look to go out for a walk and - perhaps - a lunch... a bit of me is excited at the prospect - but a large part is shivering at the thought! YAM xx

Elephant's Child said...

I think that many of us are being careful. And so we should be.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

South Louisiana has lifted lots of things but I am still careful of what and where we go. We will be home in the yard this Memorial weekend.

Kay said...

Hawaii is doing pretty well, but we ARE nervous about so MANY tourists suddenly arriving. There had been some difficulty with tourists not following the masking rules. Most of my friends and us as well still mask up when going to stores or offices. We are all vaccinated, but we don't want to take any chances.