Sunday, May 23, 2021

Now Getting to Go Inside the Library

I was excited to learn this would be happening. It started yesterday. It's only for three days a week, with curbside pickup and drop-off on other days. The downside is that you only get half an hour to browse. Also, some shelves are closed off, and patrons must ask a worker to find books located in those shelves. 

Even without a lot of time to browse, I was glad to hear this would be happening. The last day I got to set foot in the library was the Friday after the pandemic was declared in March 2020. It strangely was a Friday the 13th. The library closed down the following Monday, with curbside pickup starting in June. Books to go will still be happening on other days. 

I do miss getting to stay as long as I want, as half an hour goes by too fast! One day we will be able to do this again. How many of you have been allowed back into your public library and how much time do you get?

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Our local library opened on my birthday, Apr 26th! Much the same; three days of the week for limited hours - limited customers per sq footage - 30 min time slots - full cleaning between - 72hr quarantine of returns - flexishields up between customers and checkout officers - masks to be worn at all times inside.

I haven't been, nor will I for quite some time yet. There is still just too much going on here, with a rise in cases again due to the Indian variant and in spite of vaccinations. It's a shame. One could sit in the window wall and gaze upon the water and mountains in between newspaper flips! YAM xx

Elephant's Child said...

Woo Hoo.
Our libraries only shut for a while - and I am very glad to see them back again. Our visits can be for up to two hours.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I am the Liabrian for our small town and open limited hours. I did home drop off and curbside pickup too from our Book catalog. We also do kids library time outside under the oak trees. Iam planning summer reading program now for July. Hope things change.

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Our libraries have opened again. I haven't visited yet but some days are for "take out" only. I've become spoiled with ordering e-books delivered directly to my e-reader. But there is some research I want to do in local books section so I will be heading back soon.