Monday, June 14, 2021

Haven't Done a Puzzle in Years


One thing that was said to have surged during the pandemic is playing puzzles. Now people are
wondering if people will still want to do puzzles after the pandemic. And they seemed to have sold out

All this time and that idea never occurred to me. I didn't already have at any at home that I know of. And then it occurred to me how it has been years since I attempted to do a puzzle. I cannot recall when I last did one. Somehow all the boredom I faced when cooped up at home for most of the year never made me think of this idea. Not once did I look up puzzles on Amazon, nor did I glance at puzzles on the rare trips to Target or Dollar Tree. It just didn't occur to me, even with all the time I had to pass.

Now I'm wondering if I will ever do a puzzle now. Not too certain, but it's not something that will worry me if I don't make a decision. I might be thinking I don't remember how to do a puzzle, but it seems to be one of those things that even if you stop doing it for a while, you never forget how to do it. Though I can honestly say that doing puzzles was ever something I did enthusiastically.  I'm pretty sure I enjoyed doing it whenever I did so, though. 

And just like with Christmas ornaments last year, people just had to make puzzles to commemorate the events of 2020. If I ever decided to do a puzzle again, it will not be one of these ones. I've already had enough reminders of the past year.




6 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Crikey, not - anything but! I do enjoy jigsaws... and word puzzles of all sorts. I even make some of my photographs into online jigsaws. I like this because it means one can't lose a piece, one can alter the number of pieces if the originater created too many, and there is no having to break it up and return to the box and make sure none of it got left behind!!! YAM xx

Sandra Cox said...

I haven't done a puzzle in years.
Those are great ones.

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

For a while, I had a puzzle app on my kindle and would do a different puzzle each morning. But I was also doing my Sukoku puzzle, Solitaire, and a WordScapes. Finally gave up the puzzles, but they are addictive.
https://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com

Sandra Cox said...

Great ones---unless you don't want any reminders of 2020;)

Sandra Cox said...

Have a good one.

Kay said...

Darn! I was starting a comment and it disappeared.
Anyway, just wanted to say my husband never did a puzzle at home before, but he's done several since. Right now, he's stuck on a 3,000 piece-er and it's really, really making him crazy. Start with less pieces would be my advice.