Monday, June 21, 2021

Summer Weather

It does feel like summer now, but even more so last week when it was nearing 100-degree weather. This week weather is expected to be in the 70s, with 80s or 90s expected next week. The solstice was yesterday, but it was definitely hotter last week. I only wonder how this summer will be compared to last summer. 

The fires are already burning in parts of California. I'm scared of seeing any near me, resulting in ashy and hazy skies. This happened last year in late summer. The year was already dismal enough because of the coronavirus. We cannot rely on summer weather to curb the virus. 

I'm  afraid to go into public places without a mask, even after the mandate was lifted nearly a week ago. Since where I work is considered a health-care facility, we still have to wear masks for now. Have seen only a few people in public without masks in the last week. 

Even before Covid hit, it had ben years since I had done anything big during the summer. This year isn't looking any different.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I really, really hope you don't get fires near you. The summer before last ash and smoke made the air in my city hazardous. It was vile, and up to a billion birds and animals lost their homes and their lives.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
to be honest, I think mask-wearing in enclosed spaces, at least, ought to remain in place until the entire world has caught up and numbers truly reflect a containment of the virus... and then there are other viruses lurking. Summer is for relaxing and I have no plans either! YAM xx