Friday, July 2, 2021

Can Do Without Fireworks


One of the things I got excited about as kid but now can do without as a grownup is fireworks. I mean, they're fun, and I will watch them if I get a chance to do so, but I will not suffer if I do not get to see any. Last year, several people living nearby set off fireworks and I watched from my lawn. It was fun and I will probably do the same this year if they set them off again on Sunday night. 
I'm just not going to go out and buy fireworks at one of the many fireworks stands in town. There are several in one area alone, blocks apart, including one in the empty Kmart parking lot, right across from the one in the Safeway parking lot. 

But what is really anyone right is how many people have been setting off fireworks  before the 4th. These are said to be the illegal ones. Everyone in town gets annoyed by this, and many are scared for their pets. This seems to happen every year and it doesn't stop after the fourth. One recent set-off was so loud and close that it sounded as if it were coming from inside my house! Even the fact that it's fire season doesn't seem to deter people from using the legal fireworks. 

I'm happy to watch fireworks if they are the ones allowed and on the 4th itself. And I can do without seeing any and still have a Happy 4th.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Fireworks can be very dangerous indeed. I hope the danger can be averted.

Lady M said...

I wish fireworks were illegal for the whole country.