Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Getting More Time to Go Inside the Library

When our county library reopened for walk-in service in May, I was excited. It was a little annoying, though, because at first, we only got half an hour to explore and some shelves were blocked off. Items in those shelves had to be retrieved by a staff member. The shelf barriers were removed within a few weeks, but the half-hour policy remained. Still, it was great to see the inside of the library once again after a year and a half. 

Now, patrons are allowed to come inside for a long as they want. I have done this twice already, including today. They are not open on Sundays as they were before they shut down during the pandemic. I was kind of upset about that, since I liked going on Sundays when that first started. But all other days are fine, too. 

Some shelves had been rearranged before the pandemic, so it was hard at first to locate some items. But now I know where to find certain items.

Masks are recommended for non-vaccinated patrons. But I am still hesitant to go without one in the library or other public places where they are not needed if you re vaccinated. I have been slowly pulling mine on and off, tucking it under my chin or below my nose. 

We still can't donate materials to the library just yet, and we still have to leave returned items in the drop boxes outside (to let them quarantine), even if we go inside the library.

Another thing that stopped during the pandemic was the Friends of the Library's book sale in a small house behind the library. It occurred Saturday mornings from 10 to 12, once a month. Now this coming Saturday it will be back. I'm excited for this too, even though I didn't always get to this sale, as it is quite early for me. But if I want to do it, I will.

5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray. A very, very welcome return.

Lady M said...

I really missed library too so I am glad they are opening back up.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Welcome back !

Kay said...

We just went to the library too, but we are ALL required to wear masks even though we're fully vaccinated. I just don't trust that virus.

Sandra Cox said...

If afraid if the vaccination rate doesn't go up we're going to be right back where we were when everything was shutdown.