Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday the 13th 2021

The only such date to occur in 2021.  Though this past year and again this year, Friday the 13th seems overshadowed by the coronavirus. Not many people seemed to acknowledge that it was Friday the 13th two days after the pandemic was declared on March 11, 2020. 


I remember being at the store on Friday the 13th in 2020. That it was the superstitious date just barely entered my mind right then, when people were passing through the nearly empty store. I didn't speak up, though.

The next Friday the 13th in the already spooky year of 2020 was in November, just 10 days after Election Day, which lasted nearly a week. 

I cannot recall ever having anything bad happen on this date. Not expecting anything today.

3 comments:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I just relized it was Friday 13th. Have a great weekend

Elephant's Child said...

Our Friday the 13th was the first day of my city's lockdown. And gave growing numbers of Covid 19, when we have had a year with no community transmission.

Kay said...

Yikes! I was just writing something and it disappeared.
Anyway, I was saying that I have a lot of family members born on the 13th so I hate to think of it as a bad luck number.