Wednesday, August 11, 2021

It's Like Groundhog Day

 Even though I do not have to worry about kids going back to school, I still feel for those who do. On a Facebook group for my hometown, parents have been posting bout this. I only wonder how I would be handling this if I had to deal with this myself. Just the same, I liked this new video from the Holderness Family:

 

I agree with the line about Groundhog Day. Everyday in general for the last year-and-a-half has felt that way, even though more places have opened up.

And I'm still wondering of the kids will be walking to and from school staying at their phones, and how many will be out there--how many I will have to watch out for while driving. The high schoolers are set to go back tomorrow, and those in elementary and middle school next Monday. Some of the parents on the aforementioned Facebook group are saying they will be keeping their kids home. I can't help being curious as to how all this is going to work. I still wonder what would I be doing?

Is what is being said in this cartoon true? Is how kids dress more important than their health, particularly at a time like this?  Even I as neither a parent nor an educator find this weird.



The mental health center is now open on Fridays, but as of yet, the peer mentors (of which I am one) are not working that day. The mask mandate is now back at the center, but I never took mine off to begin with, though I did sometimes tuck it under my nose or chin. And I have still been wearing one to stores and other public places. 

As I said earlier, this holiday season already appears to be a repeat of last year's. Though some stuff for Halloween is already at the Dollar Tree. I still don't know what I'll be doing then.

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

We were largely open but the doors are slamming shut about now. We are entering a hard lockdown (for a week to begin with) because of the Delta strain.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

We will go back to school with mask. My college son will mask up and do hybrid classes. A mix of online and in person lab classes.

Sandra Cox said...

I worry so much about the children who are needlessly being put in danger because of adult decisions.