Saturday, January 1, 2022

The 2022 Children's Books Reading Challenge -- for Adults

 Another I enjoyed doing last year.



Last year while browsing my TBR shelves to prepare for my 2021 reading challenges, I found something unexpected: I had a lot of children's books there. I began this challenge to motivate myself to read some of them and I actually did finish a few. I've still got some leftover and have added a few throughout the year, so I think it's a good idea to give this one a second run!

I know a lot of adults really enjoy reading youth or young adult fiction but, other than the occasional classic, I've never really been into it in my adulthood. Still, I must be somewhat interested or I wouldn't have 10-15 or so children's books hanging out on my TBR!

So, I've created the Children's Books Reading Challenge...for Adults! Sure, I read with my kids all the time---but this year I'm challenging myself to read more children's books by myself.


My Books:
  1. The Twin Princes--Tedd Arnold
  2. Martina the Beautiful Cockroach--Carmen Agra Deedy
  3. Out of My Mind--Sharon M. Draper
  4. Afternoon on the Amazon--Mary Pope Osborne
  5. Mulan: The Legend of the Woman Warrior--Faye-Lyn Wu
  6. Kamala: Feminist Folktales From Around the World--Ethel Johnston Phelps
  7. Unicorn on a Roll--Dana Simpson
  8. Flat Stanley and the Lost Treasure--Jeff Brown
  9. Dogs in the Dead of Night--Mary Pope Osborne
  10. Hour of the Olympics--Mary Pope Osborne
  11. Twice Upon a Time: Rapunzel: The One With all the Hair--Wendy Mass
  12. The Girl Who Drank the Moon--Kelly Barnhill
  13. Poor Unfortunate Soul--Serena Valentino
  14. Vacation Under the Volcano--Mary Pope Osborne
  15. Book Fiesta!--Pat Mora
  16. Lumberjanes: Friendship to the Max--Noelle Stevenson & Grace Ellis
  17. A Cat Story--Ursula Murray Husted
  18. By the Shores of Silver Lake--Laura Ingalls Wilder (reread)
  19. Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp--Philip Pullman
  20. Journey Under the Sea--R.A. Montgomery
  21. Anne of Avonlea--L.M. Montgomery
  22. Pet--Akwaeke Emezi
  23. Mom and Me, Me and Mom--Miguel Tanco
  24. Hansel & Gretel--James Marshall
  25. The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt--Megan McDonald
  26. Seasons--Annabelle Lynch
  27. Remember the Ladies--Cheryl Harness
  28. Unicorn Princess--Shannon Gilligan
  29. The Last Kids on Earth--Max Brallier
  30. Thump, Quack, Moo--Doreen Cronin
  31. Where To, Little Wombat?--Charles Fuge
  32. Halloween Fraidy Cat--Abby Klein
  33. Rumpelstiltskin--Paul Galdone
  34. Coco: Miguel's Guitar--RJ. Cregg
  35. Vivi Loves Science: Sink or Float--Kimberly Derting
  36. What Was I Scared Of?--Dr,. Seuss
  37. You're My Little Pumpkin Pie--Natalie Marshal
  38. I Am a Witch's Cat--Harriet Muncaster
  39. A Box Full of Love--Anne Sawan
  40. Omar's Halloween--Maryann Kovalski
  41. Drawing Lessons--Tracy Mack
  42. Thanksgiving on Thursday--Mary Pope Osborne
  43. The Story of Blue-Beard--Charles Perrault
  44. Who Was Jane Austen?--Sarah Fabiny
  45. Maccabee!--Tilda Balsley
  46. Panda's Christmas Gifts--Tara Jaye Morrow
  47. Christmas--Dorothy Goeller
  48. The Nutcracker--Jan Brett
  49. Kwanzaa--Martin Hints 
  50. The Christmas Coat--Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve
  51. Miss Mary's Christmas Mittens--Trinka Hakes Noble
  52. The Oxford Treasury of Christmas Poems--Michael Harrison
  53. Dreidels on the Brain--Joel Ben Izzy
  54. The Clay Marble--Mingfong Ho
Calling challenge completed on December 27

2 comments:

Beverley Baird said...

I read children's books as well - and enjoy reading them. Thanks for hosting this. I will be participating.

Elephant's Child said...

I refuse to be limited by target age groups and have loved quite a lot of 'children's books'.