Monday, March 11, 2024

A to Z Blogging 2024 Theme Reveal

AtoZChallenge theme reveal 2024 #atozchallenge

The theme reveal began yesterday, and there are over 30 so far. 

I wasn't yet sure what my theme would be, as the info for A to Z began on their blog on the first. I was scrambling with ideas since then, and still wasn't sure. But there was one idea I'd been toying with, and will be going with. 

The theme is... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁


So the movie tanked at the Oscars last night, with Billie Eilish's song as the only winner. But the doll is turning 65 this month. I must admit I did not have a lot of the Barbie stuff as a child, and some of the lines came out long after I had outgrown toys. Some that came out then I might have gone after, from what I have learned about them. The book Thirty Years of Mattel Fashion Dolls was one thing that made me think of this, though the books is terribly outdated and my personal copy has fallen apart. And of course, the hit movie from last summer. All the hype tempted me into seeing it. I'm kind of tempted to buy the DVD, even though many will argue that DVDs are on their way out. But I still have so many (but that's an argument for another time). 

As I said in one of my A to Z posts last year, I  wasn't too big on Barbie, though I did have at least one doll. I was more about other similar dolls. Many do not know that "Barbie" is trademark name and many think it is a generic name for all dolls of similar design. I remember one person saying the had the Starr "Barbie" doll, but Starr was in fact not tied to Barbie, though it was from Mattel. Same with the Donny and Marie Osmond dolls, (also by Mattel) which she also had. And this same person made reference to the Dukes of Hazzard action figures (made by Mego Toys), calling them "Barbie dolls." I can't help feeling disgusted by that one!  I was once under the impression that Barbie had a friend named Julia, but that doll was actually a tie-in line to the hit TV series starring Diahann Carroll. Sorry to get so picky about details, but that's how I get about some things! One could say these dolls were "Not quite part of Barbie's world." And other toy companies have tried to imitate Barbie. Remember Darci from Kenner, or Tuesday Taylor from Ideal? 

So there you have it. The A to Z begins on April 1. I will begin drafting the posts as soon as I can. I'm not sure how many items I will include in each post, as there is a lot to choose from in this theme!

This is my fourth A to Z.  Check my blog archives to see my previous themes and posts.

15 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great theme! It'll be fun to see what you come up with!

Ann Bennett said...

Good theme. I'm a Barbie fan too. But I can tell I don't have your knowledge. It will be interesting.

Mystee said...

Stopping in to take a look at your theme and wish you a happy March and a wonderful April. Can't wait to read more during April! ♥

JazzFeathers said...

Oh, this sounds so interesting!
I never had too many Barbies, though I loved them. But they were too expensive for my family when I was a kid.
I don't know much about it, but i think there must be an interesting story behind this doll.
Can't wait to learn more in April :-)
https://theoldshelter.com/the-lost-generation-introduction/

Sandra Cox said...

Oh you picked a fun one. I'm looking forward to your posts.

Ronel Janse van Vuuren said...

Interesting theme! I enjoyed the movie, too :-)

Ronel visiting for Theme Reveal for A to Z Blogging Challenge 2024

Sandra Cox said...

Too bad we don't have stock in Barbie;)

Debbie said...

I haven't seen the movie but I loved Barbie when I was a child
Debbie

Hallie said...

Great theme choice for the A to Z challenge! Looking forward to the rest of your alphabet journey!
My topic (here: https://gritandgrace2015.blogspot.com/2024/03/atozchallenge-theme-announcement.html ) may not have as much appeal for everyone, but I’m going to give it a try 🙂

Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. said...


Welcome to A to Z 2024 Blogging.
My theme for this year A to Z Blogging is: Excellent Industry 4.0 Implemented Companies.
A to Z 2024 Blogging - Theme - McKinsey - WEF Lighthouse Smart Manufacturing Industry 4.0 Plants - Factories - Industrial Engineering 4.0

Nancy Hill said...

My age puts my thoughts on your blog into relationship with my theme (memoir prompts) which is essentially My Barbie, Ken, Skipper, and Tutti, but I also had Twiggy (who was a model) and Samantha (doll of the lead character on TV's Bewitched.)

Torie Lennox said...

I had a few Barbies in my youth, usually hand-me-downs from friends and neighbors. However, my grandmother was an excellent seamstress and made Barbie outfits that even won local competitions, so I had plenty of one-of-a-kind outfits. I'm looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

Whispering Peace said...

Fantastic theme you've chosen for the A to Z challenge! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the next letters of the alphabet.
https://whiskeyandwhispers.blogspot.com/2024/03/unveiling-my-atozchallenge-theme-genre.html

Salem Devina said...

Fantastic theme reveal! I can't wait to explore your posts during the A to Z challenge in April. Wishing you all the best as you embark on this creative journey. Here’s a link to mine - https://hellfireandchaos.blogspot.com/2024/03/atozchallenge-theme-announcement.html

Aurorah / Never Saw it Coming said...

Exciting theme reveal! I'm looking forward to following your A-to-Z journey throughout April. Best of luck with the challenge. I’ve restarted my blog and deleted all the old content since I’ve been away for about 10 years and am coming back with the A-to-Z Challenge, hopefully it’ll give me some blog theme motivation and some dedicated readers. My theme is here: https://illusionsofchaos.blogspot.com/2024/03/hello-again-atozchallenge-theme-reveal.html