Tuesday, April 23, 2024

T: Teresa

 

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter T



Teresa was the first regular Hispanic character other than the Hispanic versions of Barbie and Ken. Teresa's story is in this video:



Teresa first appeared as part of the California Dreams series in 1988. She has been with the Barbie line ever since, thus making her one of Barbie's longest lasting friends. She used an often-used head mold of Barbie's friend Steffie (more on this to come) before Teresa received her own head mold. 


Teresa's first appearance.

(From left) Beach Blast Dolls Miko, Barbie,
Christie and Teresa.

The Rollerblade dolls were recalled because the
light-up skates caused sparks.


She has also been in many of Barbie's animated videos. That being said, I now wonder why she wasn't referenced in the movie. But I guess they could only show so many characters in the movie.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Hollywood Hair," yowza!

Sandra Cox said...

Yay Teresa! I'm enjoying your A-Z:)

Liz A. said...

Another Barbie I'd never heard of. Interesting that her name would be Teresa. I wonder how they come up with the names they use. (Well, I know why they chose "Barbie", but other than that...)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I remember when Barbie first came out. Oh the puzzlement and excitement. Then Ken. Then Skipper. By the time Teresa showed up I was long past the "let's play Barbies" stage of life.

Jamie Ghione said...

Karen, the same was true of me. But I still enjoy finding out about the stuff I missed.