In it’s fifth year, the aim of The Eclectic Reader Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2016. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2016
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post in the Linky using the link below:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- Select, read and review a book from each category listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2016 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- A book about books (fiction or nonfiction): Murder of a Bookstore Babe--Denise Swanson
- Serial killer thriller: Gorky Park--Martin Cruz Smith
- Paranormal romance: White Cat--Holly Black
- A novel set on an island: Enchanted August--Brenda Bowen
- Investigative journalism (non fiction): Whiskey Tango Foxtrot--Kim Barker
- Disaster fiction: The City of Ember--Jeanne DuPrau
- Steampunk sci-fi: Corsets and Clockwork
- Any book shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize: Room--Emma Donoghue
- Psychology (non fiction): Prozac Nation--Elizabeth Wurtzel
- Immigrant Experience fiction: Little Bee--Chris Cleave
- YA historical fiction: Anne of Green Gables--Lucy Maud Montgomery
- A debut author in 2016: Monterey Bay--Lindsay Hatton
Challenge completed on August 25