Thursday, October 18, 2018

Creativity Reading Challenge 2019

This challenge was started two years by Julie Cornewell at her blog. I then asked to take over as host of this challenge for 2018, and will bring it back once again for 2019.




This challenge is about reading books on creativity, art, crafts, writing, film making, photography, cosmetology, DIY, cooking, music and any other topic that helps you live a more creative life. 

Here are some links to get started:


Best Books on Creative Life
Fiction Books Involving Art
Books on Creativity
Best Books on the Writing Life
Books with Main Characters Who Are Artists

You are by no means limited to what is suggested in the links above. Any books you find that fit the challenge description may be read toward the challenge.


Challenge Guidelines


  • Begins January 1, 2019 and ends Dec 31, 2019. 
  • I won't be creating different levels. Read as little or as many books as you want.
  • Books may be nonfiction, memoir, how to, self help, coffee table books, instructional, picture books, and even fictional if they are about people who are creative.
  • You may include books of any format including traditional books, ebooks or audiobooks
  • You may reread books. 
  • Books may count towards other reading challenges in which you are participating
NOTE 10/10: Closing signups for 2019. Challenge to return in 2020.

13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Anything which gets people reading is a good thing.

Laura said...

I plan on focusing next year on books about spinning fiber into yarn and colored pencil drawing. Laura Morelli's Venetian Artisan series entry for 2019 will be another book that I will be reading.

Unknown said...

This is a great challenge. I have been in a rut and I need to stretch my creativity so it's a challenge just to figure out what creative area I want to do.

Julie Cornewell said...

My blog url changed yet again do to a credit card glitch but thanks so much for still giving me credit for creating the challenge!

Unknown said...

Excited that I found this challenge! I’ll be focusing my readings in growing my artistic abilities to grow my shop of coloring books, www.thecraftyways.com

J Lenni Dorner said...

I was planning to read more writing craft books this year. So glad you made this challenge!

Alexia561 said...

So happy that I found this challenge, as I've been trying to read more crafting books lately!

Margot said...

I would like to play with/review some writing books and this gives me an inventive to do that. Thank you!

Margot said...

*incentive. :)

Susan rouchard said...

Here goes for the Creativity Reading Challenge.

Susan rouchard said...

Here goes for this great challenge

Susan B.Rouchard said...

What happens when google/blogger shuts down in March 2019 ?

Jamie Ghione said...

You mean Google Plus? Blogger will still be around.