Monday, September 6, 2021

Fall or Nothing

That is the title of a recent parody video by the Holderness Family:


I have not yet begun to decorate for Halloween (I usually leave that until the end of September) and have not been hoarding decorations for then either. It has been warm lately, though recent temperatures have not gotten to nearly 100. And I certainly won't be putting on sweaters until it gets really cold. It's not easy to tell when that will be in my neck of the woods.





Again, I'm the weather hasn't been nearing 100 degrees, but I know the warm weather will linger for most of this month. No sweaters seem forthcoming for at least a month.

And today I saw this on Facebook:




I have not been to Walmart for sometime now, but have not see Christmas stuff at Target or Dollar Tree yet. Last time I was at Target, I did not see any Halloween yet. I still miss Kmart as they always had a better Halloween selection than Target. The still-empty Kmart building would have been great for a Spirit Halloween store. But the only time a Spirit store came to my town was in 2014 and way back in 1999. The nearest one to me will be in Gilroy at the former Pier One Imports building. I don't know if I will get to the store. It's been years since I've gone to one of these stores and with the holiday season looking pretty grim like last year's, it is uncertain if I will be even thinking much about Halloween. I most likely will be decorating the yard at the very least. And right now Christmas is the farthest thing from my mind, though I can't see much of  celebration this year. Even before the coronavirus, celebration Christmas hadn't been a big thing in a our family in recent years. I don't see that changing much this year.

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

We don't do Halloween here, and Christmas is getting smaller. I do hope that this year it can be celebrated with family and friends though. I am also glad to live in an area with four seasons.

Sandra Cox said...

Funny memes.

Kay said...

Yup! I saw Halloween costumes at Sam's Club last week.