Sunday, October 31, 2021

Stayed Home Last Night

As much as I like Halloween and wanted to be out, I was still apprehensive about going just yet. Eventually I decided not to. I had a bit of a FOMO (fear of missing out), but even more importantly, a fear of seeing unmasked and unvaccinated people. I was told the COVID booster takes two weeks to set in, and it's only been one week since I got the booster. I don't know why people thought it was safe to have celebrations. These same people cancelled such events last year. I'm now hoping that things will be better next year at this time.

As far as the work celebration went, we watched Hocus Pocus, which took nearly the whole time. Only one other person came in costume, but I barely got to see it, since we were watching the movie in the dark. Not very many came, and several left before the movie was over. 

Yesterday, I borrowed some DVDs for Halloween from the library, including the Peanuts Halloween special, which is no longer being shown on ABC. A friend asked if I got Casper, but I did not even think of that! 

Here is what I wore:



4 comments:

Lady M said...

That is a lovely dress - Happy Halloween

Elephant's Child said...

Love your outfit.
I suspect I would have stayed home too.

Kay said...

Darn! I just wrote something and it disappeared. I was just saying that is really a cute outfit. We didn't get any trick or treaters last night either. I'm also only 1 week out from getting my booster.

Jamie Ghione said...

I did get some trick or treaters, more than I would have expected. I wrote this before they came. I was referring above to not many people coming the mental health center on Friday to see the movie.