Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Vaccine Booster and Flu Shot

Last Friday I got a vaccine booster. I was uncertain I would be able to get one  because of my age, but the pharmacists at Rite Aid, said it would be all right. 

I had gotten the Johnson and Johnson one-dose shot in April. I kept watching for news on boosters, and whether the different brands could be mixed. At Rite Aid, there was only a choice between Pfizer and Moderna and I chose Pfizer. I was a bit are at first, but the soreness had gone down. My mom, who had gotten the Pfizer in March, also got her booster the same day.

The same day my mom and I got the flu shot. We both got it for the first time a year ago when a pharmacist at Target persuaded us to do so. This time, however, it was at Rite Aid. This shot was a little less sore than the Pfizer shot. The shot were done in different arms.

Who else has has the Covid vaccine booster? 

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that you got your booster. They are not yet available to anyone here.

Lady M said...

I plan to get both together when I am able. Glad to hear you are not suffering any side effects.