Friday, December 31, 2021

My Year in Reading

 Here are my results for reading in 2021.




I am now ready to start again tomorrow as 2022 begins. Not sure yet what my first read of the new year will be. 
In July I got 31 books, and 34 in December, the most I can recall in a single month. A lot of my December books were short ones, including several holiday picture books. 
I am now anxious to see what my longest and shortest books next year will be. I knew I would not get anything longer than 1,084 pages this year.  I did not (and do not ever) envision reading two 1000+ page books in one year, though I did get several books that were 400 or more pages. Most picture books and some poetry books and ebooks and audiobooks were done in one sitting. 

There are a few challenges for 2022 I am still waiting on, to see if they will happen. No word yet on the Newbery, Dystopian, Back to the Classics, or NJM challenges. I'm also waiting on the Foodies Read, though that one usually gets posted on January 1. If none of these happen, there are others I will consider. I was sad to learn that two I have been doing will not be happening next year. The Reading Women podcast has closed down, meaning its reading challenge will no longer happen. I really liked that one. I did find something similar, though, for next year.  And I got an email from the Modern Mrs. Darcy site that her challenge will not be offered next year. That too, was a little upsetting. But I have plenty others I can do.
Still no retelling challenges happening that I have seen, although the Fairy Tale challenge comes close, as reading a retelling of the tale-of-the-month is one of the options.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations on your reading achievements. I remember Atlas Shrugged - and wouldn't read it again.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Congrats on a great year of reading!