Saturday, April 8, 2023

G for...

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter G

GUM:

Even though I had to give it up for a while, while in braces, I have fond memories of different chewing gums. One that comes to mind is Fruit Stripe Gum, as well as the various flavors made by Wrigley's.



And Carefree and Trident:

And let's not forget gum balls and their machines:







GUESS:


The clothing label, that is. I had at least one shirt with the familiar Guess logo (though not the one pictured), but am pretty sure I did not have the jeans!





I can't believe this line is still around. The outlet mall in Gilroy, California  still has a Guess store, along with other long-lasting clothing favorites such as Levi's, Calvin Klein and The Gap--some of the stores that have been at the outlets from the beginning.


GLOW-IN-THE-DARK




I can totally imagine how many people were fascinated by glow-in-the-dark items. Did you ever wonder how it works?


This is one toy I might have gone after had it come out when I was younger, and at an age for such toys:




Not sure of anything specific, but I may have had some glow-in-the dark items. It seems hard not to get fascinated by such things.

_________________________________________________________________________

GETTING off for now.  Be back HERE Monday. 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My favourite gum was always Juicy Fruit. I liked Double Bubble too. I can't chew gum anymore, it sticks to my dental work. A true sign of being an old fogey, LOL!

Nilanjana Bose said...

Hi, visiting from the A-Z. Gum's a great word for G. I've never actually liked any, used to spit them out the minute the sweetness wore off. But I remember buying a lot of some brand because the packs had a card in them with the flags of different countries and info on them, which I loved collecting as a child. Thanks for refreshing those memories of a lovely time in my life.
Have a great A-Z and April. All the best for the challenge.

ghostmmnc said...

I always liked those gums and flavors.
Glow in the dark things are fun, and my daughters had the glow worm toy. :)

Lady M said...

My Dad worked for Beechnut in the 1960's and brought us some fruit striped stuffed animals. I got the red striped zebra.

John Holton said...

I'm pretty sure that Wrigley's Big Red was available then. And Dentyne was still kind of popular.

Bernadette said...

I actually had glo-worm. I like the idea of it lighting up but a worm ? Lol