I can’t believe it’s already time to sign up for 2017. I hope everyone who participated last year read a lot of great mystery, suspense, and thrillers. I know I did and I found a lot of new series! This year Barb @ BookerTsfarm and I have decided to add a few things to the challenge. Hope you will join us!
I read more mysteries this year than I have in a while, so I think I am a bit addicted. I can tell my reading mood has changed over the last couple of years and it’s landed on mysteries and horror. So I read almost 100 mysteries of some type this year!!
This year Barb and I have decided to open up a facebook group for all of us who are addicted to mysteries as we thought it would be fun to chat now and then about those mysteries we are reading. You read a really good one and want to give it a shout out, or if your curious to see what everyone is reading, or want to tease us with a tidbit from your current read, or just general chatter. Here is the groups link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/350512171977943/ It’s a closed group so just ask to join and we shall let you in.
You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (blog, goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)
Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. (Sign up ends April 15th)
There will be a monthly link up so that others can check out your progress and look at your reviews. At the halfway mark and at the end we will have a giveaway for those participating.
If you tweet about your progress or reviews please use the hashtag #2017CloakDaggerChal so others can see it.
5-15 books – Amateur sleuth
16-25 books – Detective
26-35 books – Inspector
36 – 55 – Special agent
56+ books – Sherlock Holmes
Here is what I am reading:
- The Abominable Man--Maj Sjowall
- 12th of Never--James Patterson
- Rainbow Drive--Roderick Thorp
- Catch Me--Lisa Gardner
- Big Bob--Georges Simenon
- A Sudden Silence--Eve Bunting
- Southern Ghost--Carolyn G. Hart
- The Hound of the Baskervilles--Arthur Conan Doyle
- Unlucky 13--James Patterson
- Easter Bunny Murder--Leslie Meier
- The Cat Who Had 14 Tales--Lilian Jackson Braun
- Turbo Twenty-Three--Janet Evanovich
- Night Fall--Nelson DeMille
- The Neighbor--Lisa Gardner
- The Girls--Emma Cline
- The Woman in Cabin 10--Ruth Ware
- A Study in Scarlet--Arthur Conan Doyle
- 14th Deadly Sin--James Patterson
- Luckiest Girl Alive--Jessica Knoll
- Killer Gourmet--G.A. McKevett
- Smoke Screen--Sandra Brown
- How to Paint a Cat--Rebecca M. Hale
- 15th Affair--James Patterson
- The Big Kitty--Claire Donally
- Cold Pressed Murder--Kelly Lane
- The Trouble With Magic--Madelyn Alt
- The Case of the Unlucky Loser--Erle Stanley Gardner
- A Dead Liberty--Catherine Aird
- Ming Tea Murder--Laura Childs
- Patterns in the Sand--Sally Goldenbaum
- Lady Audley's Secret--Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- Aunt Dimity and the Village Witch--Nancy Atherton
- The Moonstone--Wilkie Collins
- Peaches and Screams--G.A. McKevett
- 16th Seduction--James Patterson
- Wedding Cake Murder--Joanne Fluke
- A Tan and Sandy Silence--John D. MacDonald
- How to Catch a Cat--Rebecca M. Hale
- The Crime and the Crystal--E.X. Ferraris
- Snow White and Rose Red--Ed McBain
- Christmas Caramel Murder--Joanne Fluke
- Banana Cream Pie Murder--Joanne Fluke
- The Case of the Calendar Girl--Erle Sanely Gardner
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette--Maria Semple
- The Penguin Who Knew Too Much--Donna Andrews
- Fat Free and Fatal--G.A. McKevett