Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Year in Reading

I just finished my last book of this year and finished up my last two reading challenges. I have been signing up for several challenges for next year and am waiting do see if the following are offered next year:  Books in Translation, Southern Lit, and Nonfiction (all at this blog). I did a different nonfiction challenge this year, but the blog for that one has been deleted. The same was true for a feminist reading challenge I did this past year. No word either on the Eclectic Challenge that has been offered by this blog, or the Gothic one started by this one last year.  If none of these are offered, so be it, but maybe there will be something similar to each of these. We'll see. It remains to be seen how many more I'll sign up for, though I have seen some I've not been interested in doing.

Here is how many books and pages I read this year, from Goodreads:

TOTALS

Img totallargem 2x

262
books
75,280
pages








My longest and shortest books of the year:








Llama Llama Sand and Sun by Anna Dewdney
Img ruler 3x
SHORTEST BOOK
10 pages
Llama Llama Sand and Sun
by 
LONGEST BOOK
943 pages
The Pillars of the Earth
by 

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett


MOST POPULAR
3,315,164
people also read
To Kill a Mockingbird
by 
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Img temp desktop 2x
LEAST POPULAR
1
person also read
Wolf Dreamer of the Longest Nigh...
by 


























By far my favorite of the year was (If I ever decide to re-read something, this will be one of them, if not the only one). This was very relatable to me. Those who have been reading my blog this past year will that this book inspired me to write my own story of depression and getting onto Prozac. Still working on it; in February, it will be a year since I started.



Prozac Nation



My first read for 2017 will be determined tomorrow.












2 comments:

Nasreen said...

Great to read this list. Wishing you and your family a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Stephanie Faris said...

OMG 262 books? That's amazing!!!! I read about five a month, plus listen to 3 books or so. Even in a good month, I maybe get 8 books in that way?! You are a reading machine.