Challenge will run from Jan 1st to December 31st 2017
Write and publish a post stating your intention to participate. In the post please include the Challenge graphic and a link back to this post. Then link your intention post at the bottom of this post. Make sure it is the actual post and not just a generic link to your blog.
Add your reviews back here on the link in this post. At the end of every three months there will be a U.S. $12 prize with a book of your choice from the Book Depository or U.S. Amazon voucher, for the entries. There will be a new linky then for the next quarter and so on to the end of December.
Reviews are not mandatory and if you prefer to keep a list of the books read and the category they cross off the card, then you can still enter for the completion of a Full House by linking to that list on the final linky or in a comment. The list could be kept on somewhere like Goodreads or in a Google doc.
Jan - March will open on first week of January
Each review can only be linked up once in the year. However it doesn't matter when you read the book in 2017 - which month, just link as you remember or have time. So if you read it in January you may not get around to linking it until say... May. That is fine.
Books may cross over from other challenges that you are doing. However a different book for each square, one book cannot cover two squares.
There will be a final post to link in a summary post for the challenge for those who have completed a full house. This will close on the 2nd January 2018 and a winner will be chosen using random.org for a U.S. $30 prize which again can be used to buy books at the Book Depository or be received as an Amazon voucher.
Completion Link will go here.
Complete the card below. You can do it in any order you wish. You are allowed "one free exchange", if there is something on the square you really dislike you may change it to something of your choice. Once you have played this free choice that is it. Mention the exchange in the final summary post.
* Book about books. This can be fiction or non-fiction. It can be anything for example where the setting is a book shop for example.
* Not really for you. This can be a kind of book you don't usually read, or it could be one you just DNF, or one you just didn't enjoy that much.
* Diversity. Think ethnic, cultural, religious, and gender diversity and you may come up with something you think of as well, as the list is basic. But it must be somehow quite different to you.
* Book from a list. There are heaps of lists out there, from bestsellers to numerous Goodreads ones.
*Authors UK/European author reads UK or European author.
*Size Word in Title e.g small, little, tiny, huge, large, big, mini....etc.
- USA/Canadian Author: Where the Bluebird Sings to the Lemonade Springs--Wallace Stegner
- Attractive Cover: One Thousand White Women--Jim Fergus
- Nonfiction: Hope--Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus
- UK/Eurpoean Author: The Abominable Man--Maj Sjowall
- Borrowed: The Impossible Knife of Memory--Laurie Halse Anderson
- Diversity Book: To All the Boys I've Loved Before--Jenny Han
- Two-Worded Title: Lady Susan--Jane Austen
- Published Pre-2000: Black Beauty--Anna Sewell
- Western: More Brains Than Bullets/The Road to Casas Piedras/West of Dodge--Louis L'Amour
- Page Turner: The Field of the Dogs--Katherine Paterson
- Food on Cover or in Title: Cakewalk--Kate Moses
- Award Winner (Pulitzer): Angle of Repose--Wallace Stegner
- Not Really For You: Killing Reagan--Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
- Size Word in Title: A Million Little Pieces--James Frey
- Middle Grade Book: The Goose Girl--Shannon Hale
- Cozy Mystery: Southern Ghost--Carolyn G. Hart
- From a List (Goodreads Best Books of 2016): The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo--Amy Schemer
- Over 500 Pages: Martin Chuzzlewit--Charles Dickens
- Backlist Book From a Favorite Author: First Comes Love--Emily Giffin
- Australian/NZ Author: The Light Between Oceans--M.L. Stedman
- On TBR 2+ Years: Just One Year--Gayle Forman
- Debut Book: Willow Weep for Me--Meri Nana-Ama Danquah
- 2017 Published: The Rules Do Not Apply--Ariel Levy
- Book About Books: Reading Lolita in Tehran--Azar Nafisi
- Book From Childhood: Little House in the Big Woods--Laura Ingalls Wilder
Challenge completed on July 23