Wednesday, April 13, 2022

K: Kids Incorporated

 

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter'



Decades before the cast members of Glee broke out into song several times per episode, there was this show that used that same gimmick. Originally a syndicated series from 1984 to 1986, Kids Incorporated moved to the Disney Channel, lasting into the mid-1990s.

Among those who got their start on the show were Stacy Ferguson, today known as Fergie from the Black-Eyed Peas, and pop star Martika, billed in the first season under her real name Marta Marerro. One of the later seasons introduced Jennifer Love Hewitt, then billed as Love Hewitt. Mario Lopez also appeared as a background dancer. 

I only saw this when it was in syndication. The Disney Channel was still a pay-cable channel at the time. I remember getting free previews of Disney and other pay-cable channels. I would tape movies from these free previews like crazy! I don't remember seeing Kids Inc., however during any of the Disney free previews.

Below is the first-season intro, a compilation of each years' intro and some clips of members performing hit songs. Search youtube for more clips.


4 comments:

Afshan Shaik said...

The show seems so cool :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Phew - hi energy!!! YAM xx
K=Kalu Yuga

Elephant's Child said...

Yet another I don't know.

ghostmmnc said...

I don't know much about this one, but I do know my girls watched it. :)