Saturday, April 30, 2022

Z: Zoom

 ZONKS! I can't believe it! We have now reached...


#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter



Once again, I had to choose something I never saw, even though I was in the target age range for the particular show. This is not the first time I mentioned this on my blog, however. 

Years before Zoom was a virtual meeting app that became dominant as a result of the pandemic shutdown, Zoom was a series for children on PBS. Originally it aired from 1972 to 1978, and was remade in 1999. When the shutdown began and people began using the app for schoolwork and meetings with co-workers, memes on Facebook came up about the series from the 1970s. I looked up the Zoom series as a result. 

Zoom presented children with recipes, plays, jokes, games, songs, movies, science experiments and informal chats suggested by viewers. There were no adults on screen, and the cast of children (identified only by their first names) would change every six months. Zoom was one of many PBS series produced by affiliate WGBH in Boston.

The intros to both versions of the show, as well as a full episode from Season 2 are below (click to see more here):




__________________________________________________________________________

Well, that's it for A to Z 2022. Hope you have enjoyed my posts. A Reflections post is coming on Monday. 

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, that was a fun wee show!!! My sibs and I would have given anything to have a multilevel treehouse... that play was excellent and the games and skits were fun... A very fine finish for this year's A2Z!!! Congrats on getting through it and it's amazing what there is still to discover in the world! YAM xx
Z=Zany

Hilary said...

Hello Jamie, I have been reading your A-Z, I came along from Yamini's blog. I am afraid to say I have not seen any of the programmes you reviewed but it has been interesting seeing them. A few I wondered why they didn't make it across to the UK and some I was pretty glad didn't make it. Thank you are producing such an interesting A-Z.
Hilary

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations on finishing the A-Z.

betty said...

I kind of remember the show Zoom. I hadn't thought about it in years really but when you wrote about it here I do remember catching a few shows of it. At first when I saw Zoom as your letter, I thought of Zoom meetings (of course, lol :)

Congrats on making it through the challenge!

betty
https://benchsnotebook.blogspot.com/