Another I look forward to seeing each year.
READ HARDER 2023
- Read a novel about a trans character written by a trans author: Meet Cute Dairy--Emery Lee
- Read one of your favorite author’s favorite books.
- Read a book about activism.
- Read a book that’s been challenged recently in your school district/library OR read one of the most-challenged/banned books of the year by a queer and/or BIPOC author.
- Read a completed webcomic.
- Finish a book you’ve DNFed (did not finish).
- Listen to an audiobook performed by a person of color of a book written by an author of color: Bless the Daughter Raised by a Voice in Her Head: Poems--Warsan Shire
- Read a graphic novel/comic/manga if you haven’t before; or read one that is a different genre than you normally read: Almost American Girl--Robin Ha
- Read an independently published book by a BIPOC author: Her Body and Other Parties--Carmen Maria Machado
- Read a book you know nothing about based solely on the cover.
- Read a cookbook cover to cover.
- Read a nonfiction book about BIPOC and/or queer history.
- Read an author local to you.
- Read a book with under 500 Goodreads ratings: Romantic Visionary--W.B. Yeats
- Read a historical fiction book set in an Eastern country.
- Read a romance with bisexual representation: They Both Die at the End--Adam Silvera
- Read a YA book by an Indigenous author.
- Read a comic or graphic novel that features disability representation.
- Read a nonfiction book about intersectional feminism: White Women--Regina Jackson
- Read a book of poetry by a BIPOC or queer author.
- Read a book of short stories: Matchup--Lee Child (ed.)
- Read any book from the Ignyte awards shortlist/longlist/winner list.
- Read a social horror, mystery, or thriller novel.
- Pick a challenge from any of the previous years’ challenges to repeat!
Yes, there's some real challenges here!
A diverse set of challenges.
Post a Comment