Sunday, October 15, 2017

Creativity Reading Challenge 2018

This challenge was started last year by Julie Cornewell  at her blog. The link was deleted (here is my signup post on my blog).  I have tried to get ahold of her, but to no avail. So I decided to host this challenge myself for 2018.  I will keep the rules mostly the same as the original host had them.

UPDATE: 10/16: Julie Cornewell responded to my Tweet asking her if I can take over hosting this challenge and said yes.




This challenge is about reading books on creativity, art, crafts, writing, film making, photography, cosmetology, DIY, cooking, music and any other topic that helps you live a more creative life. 

Here are some links to get started:
Best Books on Creative Life
Fiction Book Involving Art
Books on Creativity
Best Books on the Writing Life
Books with Main Characters Who Are Artists

You are by no means limited to what is suggested in the links above. Any books you find that fit the challenge description may be read toward the challenge.


Challenge Guidelines


  • Begins January 1, 2018 and ends Dec 31, 2018. 
  • I won't be creating different levels. Read as little or as many books as you want.
  • Books may be nonfiction, memoir, how to, self help, coffee table books, instructional, picture books, and even fictional if they are about people who are creative.
  • You may include books of any format including traditional books, ebooks or audiobooks
  • You may reread books. 
  • Books may count towards other reading challenges in which you are participating




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

How many books do you read a month, Jamie? I'm guessing a lot:)

Sandra Cox said...

Hope your day has been pleasant and productive.

Sherrie said...

Hi Jamie,
Looking forward to reading lots of creative books.
Thanks for hosting. Have a great day!

Gloria G said...

This is a fresh challenge for me to try ........looking forward to it.

Padmajha said...

This is a lovely challenge. I'm in. Posted my participation post and a few of the books that I want to read for this challenge.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I'm in on this one too! Thanks for hosting. :)

Unknown said...

Hope I'm not too late or whatever to join this, but this sounds super unique! Looking forward to reading!! - Savanna @ Booked On a Feeling