This one is hosted here. I will be trying for the second level of the reading challenge (see details below).
COVID has our holiday landscapes looking a lot different this year. With states going back to more strict mandates (much needed, in my opinion), it's looking like the holidays are going to be offering A LOT of downtime. In light of the current situation, I've decided to make the Christmas Spirit Readathon run the same length as the yearly reading challenge, and they are now co-events. Yay!
Dates: November 23, 2020 through January 6, 2021
Three ways to participate:
- Challenge - Pick a level
- Readathon - read as much (or as little) as you want
- Participate in both!
Regarding the reading of Christmas books, for the readathon, you do not have to read only Christmas books. I am always reading regular genres along with Christmas books during the season. Please do try to read at least one though. 🎄
For the reading challenge, these must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, children's books (we even have a level for them!), etc.
Reading Challenge Levels:--Candy Cane: read 1 book
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books, or more (this is the fanatic level!)
--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
Here is what I am reading:
- Christmas Cupcake Murder--Joanne Fluke
- Christmas Sweets--Joanne Fluke
- A Ghost Tale for Christmastime--Mary Pope Osborne
- Mistletoe Murder--Leslie Meier
- A Christmas Prayer--Kimberla Lawson Roby
- Bob and 6 More Christmas Stories--Sandra Boynton
- Christmas Shopaholic--Sophie Kinsella
- Winter in Paradise--Elin Hilderbrand
- Alaskan Holiday--Debbie Macomber
- Eggnog Murder--Leslie Meier
- Death of a Christmas Caterer--Lee Hollis
- A Crafty Christmas--Mollie Cox Bryan
- A Catered Christmas Cookie Exchange--Isis Crawford
Challenge completed on December 20