Thursday, November 19, 2020

Already Planning to Stay Home

In light of Covid, the CDC has been discouraging large family gatherings. But for my family, such gatherings stopped years ago. So no need to worry about not being together for the holidays. Staying home for Thanksgiving won't kill you, but COVID will.  To look at it another way, not seeing the family won't kill you, but gathering with them might eventually. 


It's easy to understand how many are missing other family and some friends, but one must do what is safe. I'll admit my family and I aren't big on Zoom-ing or Skype-ing, but there are only so many of us left that talking on the phone would be all right. Seems old school, but still works. And either Zoom-ing or phoning is the best way to keep in touch during the current circumstances. 

Do what you can to enjoy your holidays. A crowd isn't always necessary. 

5 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Agreed. Hoping to see the daughter and SIL but both sides taking all precautions.

Elephant's Child said...

Caution never goes astray - and carelessness can.
I hope that however you spend your holiday you find some happiness.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

AGREED. We are staying home my hubby and I and just have a small meal. I HATE turkey so it's all his. We will call our loved ones but that's it this year, making next year even better right?

Kay said...

I agree with you 100% The CDC is begging people not to have those huge gatherings or traveling to see family. Surely waiting until we get that vaccine wouldn't hurt us, but not following the guidelines definitely could.

Bob Johns said...

Yeah we are staying home as well the only one upset is my sister. Stay safe enjoy a good book.